Monday, September 22, 2014

WonderWorks - Part 1


This is part 1 of our visit to WonderWorks in Pigeon Forge.  I took a lot of photos!  Sure - it's IDEAL for families with children but my look will be from an adults point of view.  Or - if you prefer - children young and old will enjoy various things throughout their attraction.  It's VERY hands-on...as you will see!

First up...one of the stops we took a look at is the Google Earth 'booth'.  It had a very large and colorful screen.  Once you figured out the controls and functionality it was neat to zoom in and out on your town or city.  It's much like what you would see on your computer screen but on a larger scale.

Nearby the Google station there was a nice man taking photos of couples in front of a blue screen (or if you are the technical type - it was actually a green screen - but you know what I mean!)  We opted NOT to buy the photos at the end but I think it would be fun for couples or families for their scrapbooks.

Speaking of 'fun facts' I was reminded again just how short I was! Not only was there a place that would tell you your exact height - there was also a place you could stand in front of the average basketball player to see how you compared in height.

There were a few smaller areas where you could try and locate the 'purple' bead in the mix of millions of other ones and it would tell you the odds of someone actually finding that one bead...or you could shoot hoops...or try the virtual batting cages...and they would have neat facts around each station.

I was told I was 5'1"...I thought I was shy of 5'2" so I wasn't that far off.  Dale is convinced he's shrinking...but...then again...I think that happens to us all over time.


There were a few children and families there today while we were there but there were more couples without children than I thought there would be.  It was cool that we weren't the only ones!

There were things to look at EVERYWHERE and I mean EVERYWHERE.  Just a few twists and turns into the exhibit we looked up and saw kids walking on what looked like glow-in-the-dark tight ropes.

And speaking of things that made you almost lose your balance...we went thru a glow-in-the-dark tunnel with a bridge that made you feel like you were spinning and going to fall but you weren't really moving at all!  It was all just an optical illusion.  If you like eye trickery you will LOVE this place.  And lucky for me - I do - so this was GREAT!
But...first more on the fun lights and such! Remember Lite Brights?


Well, this place had a life sized display that you could light up what you wanted.  Continuing with the light and motion theme - there was a room you could go in and 'strike a pose' up against the wall and the light flash would freeze your pose in time on the wall.  Here's one that we did.  I look like a hippie-peace-signing scarecrow and Dale looks like something supernatural.

And just for kicks I decided to have Dale take my picture while posing as a member of NASA.  There were kids in the nearby 'space stations' learning about space and control centers and such.  They looked like they were having a great time, too!

Yes!  I took a lot of photos.  More than I thought I did...so I will have to break this post up into at least 2 parts so stay tuned for more of our adventures from WonderWorks in Pigeon Forge!


2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, tried posting a comment but maybe i'll just post another - It looks like PF is fun! Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun place - if you can go - GO!!!!! I'm sure we will be back some day :)
      I have LOTS more to post and will this week and next week for sure!!!

      Delete