Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Selfies at Dollywood



Okay...so they aren't really 'selfies' but they are photos of me while we were at Dollywood.  I will have some more from WonderWorks in the very near future!  


I took soooo many photo's at Dollywood that I will be posting them in chunks.  Dale was behind the camera on these and with this first photo we were on a bridge shortly after entering the theme park.  It was during their Gospel and Harvest Celebrations which last a little over a month.  Within that time they have over 350 bands on site.  

Everything was so festive looking with Fall colors and decor.  But I have a feeling that the park goes 'all out' no matter what time of year it is.  That was probably my favorite part...all of the eye candy!  


Another major part of Dollywood is all of the Rollercoasters.  Altho we didn't go on any of them they all looked pretty intense!  One of the entrances was nearby this large metal eagle.  There were many eagle themes throughout the park and I will probably talk more about that in the near future, too, but in short, Dollywood has a large place inside their park set up as a rehab center of sorts for eagles that have been injured and nursed back to health but aren't able to be released into the wild for one reason or another.


Another theme throughout the park was horses - and I was able to see a few unicorn related items - such as stuffed animals that were in the carnival game area.


It was a wonderful day weather-wise.  There were a lot of vehicles but it wasn't as busy as I am sure if can be most times.  That was completely fine with us, tho, we felt like we weren't rushed and we enjoyed walking around at our own pace and with little to no crowd dodging.


There was eye candy at every corner.  It was a great surprise!  The park was built on the side of a mountain and there were plenty of loops and nooks in the layout of the park that made it quite spread out, too!


Everyone was very nice, too!  More on that in future posts as well!   We spent a nice chunk of the day at Dollywood and I would recommend it to just about anyone...definitely worth a visit!  Stay tuned for more Dollywood posts!

2 comments:

  1. You know if I was the envious type, I'd be having an episode right now! Look at all those gorgeous pumpkins. You look amazing too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you would enjoy the fall colors and decor! Thanks so much for checking in on the travel blog :) And the wonderful words :)

      Delete