Friday, October 3, 2014

Moonshine While on Vacation

Yes...that's Moonshine!  Thanks for asking!  Moonshine is now legal in Tennessee.  Because this is so historical we just HAD to visit...and sample!  Yeah...that's it...that's why we visited Ole Smoky Moonshine in Gatlinburg! 

This is one of my favorite photographs I took while on vacation.  I usually take one of my larger cameras but this time I only took my iPhone and I have to say I am impressed and pleased with the outcome.

This photo is of Ole Smoky's Moonshine...White Lightening and some of their Cherries in Moonshine.


And this is just a small look at their shop!  They had walls and walls of Moonshine just like this.  Dale tried the straight up ones where I had to try the flavors.  They are famous for their Apple Pie.  I thought it would be more apple and a hint of cinnamon but it was mostly cinnamon with a touch of apple instead.  It was ok but I was left wanting, I think.  The ones that I really liked were the Pineapple and Blackberry!  We ended up actually buying some of the Blackberry.  Dale liked that one, too!

This was a shot of the outside of their store.  It was beautiful!  Behind the wood sign there was stage area where they had live Bluegrass Music and chairs where people could sit.

Dale ended up buying a hat, too!  Their Moonshine goes for about $25 per jar.

Their set up was in the heart of the Gatlinburg Tourism and Shopping District.  Right next to them was a Mellow Mushroom (restaurant).  I really wanted to go but we didn't go to that one we ended up going to the Mellow Mushroom in Pigeon Forge instead.

2 comments:

  1. My sister bought some of that cherry moonshine when she was there! What a hoot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't like the Moonshine Cherries as much as I thought I would...but...if someone gave me one...I wouldn't say NO...hahaha!

      Delete